VW AUDI Group Dealership
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home1Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
I went to pick my car up from the workshop yesterday, the man was on the telephone, I overheard him say: “I’ll take that two-week cruise as I’m about to get some dough,” and then he saw me standing there and said: “I have to go!” He handed me my keys and said: “Your car’s as good as new, it’s lucky that you came in now, before that motor blew, the pistons were all blistered and the valve stems shot to hell, the manifold was old with holes, and ugly plugs as well! “The oil had boiled because it was a lump up in the pump, loose rings had worn the kingpins down and dumped them in the sump, the crankshaft and the petrol tank too rusted to repair, and damn it if the camshaft wasn’t jammed by bearing wear! “Your carby’s far beyond recall, the jets too wet and thin, the diff was iffy, so I fitted pin replacements in, the CV joints were pointy and your front end bent and old, it’s lucky that I stock your make of intake manifold! “I couldn’t take the risk, your disc pads had to be replaced, transmission bolts were faulty and the fluid thick as paste, then third gear nearly broke, then first, and then I lost reverse, I put a whole new gearbox in, as second gear was worse! “Your steering wheel appeared to be in need of special care, the seat belts felt all shot, I got a neat new front-seat pair, the clutch was much the same and all the headlights seemed quite crook, I think the blinkers might be too, but didn’t dare to look! “The pinion rack lacked tension and its screws were all bad news, my alternator tester says that yours had blown a fuse, the bonnet lock was shocking and the doors were poorly done, I changed the hinges, handles too, they’re just like new, old son. “I sprayed the radiator out, and filled the anti-freeze, adjusted all the air-con ports to twenty-three degrees, I nuked the duco with some special crack-resistant wax, you owe me seven thousand bucks, including federal tax!” Considering I’d booked it in to fit a speakerphone, I figured this excessive, but I didn’t like to moan, I wrote a check and drove home feeling like a stupid jerk, the car was running smoothly but the cellphone didn’t work!
Latest topics
» Madax64 Tunes
Corrado C425 EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 2:27 pm by Admin

» VWAG Twingo
Corrado C425 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:15 pm by Admin

» VWAG B Class Magane
Corrado C425 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:11 pm by Admin

» VWAG C Class 67 Beetle
Corrado C425 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:03 pm by Admin

» VWAG E Class 67 Beetle
Corrado C425 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:01 pm by Admin

» VWAG F Class 67 Beetle
Corrado C425 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:00 pm by Admin

» VWAG D Class Mk2 Golf
Corrado C425 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:57 pm by Admin

» VWAG D Class 67 Beetle
Corrado C425 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:55 pm by Admin

» VWAG C Class Mk2 Golf
Corrado C425 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:53 pm by Admin

» WILLIAMS Renault Twingo/ Megane pack
Corrado C425 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:16 pm by Admin

» C Class Leon cupra R
Corrado C425 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 10:37 pm by Admin

» VWAG D Class Leaf
Corrado C425 EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:07 pm by Admin

» VWAG Facebook rivals challange Road Atlanta club Top 100 Car
Corrado C425 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 8:36 pm by chevy88

» VWAG Xmas D Class 03 Mini
Corrado C425 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 2:40 am by Admin

» Forza "Drift" Horizon
Corrado C425 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:22 pm by gaz0x

Corrado C425

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
VWAG Admin
VWAG Admin
Admin

Corrado C425 Empty
PostSubject: Corrado C425   Corrado C425 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 6:53 pm

From our Newest Member on Team CRA2Y RANGER has done a great tune on this Corrado, finished off with a great paint from VDubman74.

full review: by dougyt40
Ratings at a glance:
Speed 5.5
Handling 5.2
Acceleration 5.5
Launch 6.0
Brakes 5.4

HP 277 hp
Torque 275 lbs ft
weight 2651 lbs
AWD

First Impressions: A race style livery which looks pretty nice ingame. Great use of just three main colours give a simple feel to the livery, although there is a lot of detail in the logos. The car is pretty quick and you can get a little understeer in the turns, and if you really downshift quickly (using the clutch and manual gears anyway) it can lock the rear causing oversteer, but neither seemed to be big problems.

On The Tracks: The chosen event this time was the Toyo 300hp Run Off, which sent us to Ladera first off. This is one of those tracks I just can't get to grips with, people always complained about Silverstone being slippery, this track feels like an ice rink in comparison. The Corrado felt as good as any car I've driven here, and managed a best lap of 57.026 and no clean laps. Anyone who knows the track will ace that time without problems in this car.

Sedona Club Reverse was next, another headache for me still learning the track in the car. This was where I found most problems with the oversteer and understeer from the VW as I took wrong lines, and poor corner entry speeds and tried to fix it mid turn. Not the cars problems, but some cars are more forgiving than this. All that said I did a 1:20.652 lap and got a new P.B. at #2256 on the leaderboards at the time.

Next was Mugello, the full track and I was hoping to do well at the track. Unfortunately the rear kept catching me out as I slowed for the turns, it's ok if the power is on, but if you are still using engine braking to slow the Corrado (as I tend to do between the sweeping turns) it will lose traction at the rear. My best lap was a 2:07.784 a second off my P.B. at the time.

Over to Sebring Club next, and some good news as the V6 powered the VW around the track beautifully. I found I needed to tighten my driving style to be very smooth, but then the Corrado was fast and grippy around this short club circuit. A 1:12.649 gave me a new P.B. and #365 on the leaderboards. A great showing then from the VAG car.

Finally onto Iberian where again the Corrado felt good. I wasn't able to beat my P.B. this time, but a good lap at 57.390 would put it inside the top 1000 at around #926 and with a few more laps could have improved a little too.

The Verdict: The paint looks simple, but has some nice detailed logos etc. Not my bag, but there are a lot of people who will like this style of paint out there, and it's a personal thing. It's quite an easy car to drive but can catch you out as you get used to it with the rear getting loose under braking. With the assists on those problems probably won't show themselves at all, and to be fair they only really showed when things were already going badly due to driver errors. I'd stick my neck out and say this car would suit the intermediate driver without assists, and some beginners who will most likely be using the assists.

To Follow: Laptimes

Silverstone National 1:02.415 #185

Laguna Seca 1:36.130 #682

Camino Viejo Short 00:47.120 #352

Sebring Full 02:23.111 #991

Corrado C425 Corradosales-1

PRICE DROP 120.000 OR NOW IN VWAG SISTERS SF 5.000 tune 5.000 paint

fm3 sales thread

Last edited by Admin on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:46 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://vw-audi-dealership.forumotion.com
gaz0x