VW AUDI Group Dealership
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home1Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
I went to pick my car up from the workshop yesterday, the man was on the telephone, I overheard him say: “I’ll take that two-week cruise as I’m about to get some dough,” and then he saw me standing there and said: “I have to go!” He handed me my keys and said: “Your car’s as good as new, it’s lucky that you came in now, before that motor blew, the pistons were all blistered and the valve stems shot to hell, the manifold was old with holes, and ugly plugs as well! “The oil had boiled because it was a lump up in the pump, loose rings had worn the kingpins down and dumped them in the sump, the crankshaft and the petrol tank too rusted to repair, and damn it if the camshaft wasn’t jammed by bearing wear! “Your carby’s far beyond recall, the jets too wet and thin, the diff was iffy, so I fitted pin replacements in, the CV joints were pointy and your front end bent and old, it’s lucky that I stock your make of intake manifold! “I couldn’t take the risk, your disc pads had to be replaced, transmission bolts were faulty and the fluid thick as paste, then third gear nearly broke, then first, and then I lost reverse, I put a whole new gearbox in, as second gear was worse! “Your steering wheel appeared to be in need of special care, the seat belts felt all shot, I got a neat new front-seat pair, the clutch was much the same and all the headlights seemed quite crook, I think the blinkers might be too, but didn’t dare to look! “The pinion rack lacked tension and its screws were all bad news, my alternator tester says that yours had blown a fuse, the bonnet lock was shocking and the doors were poorly done, I changed the hinges, handles too, they’re just like new, old son. “I sprayed the radiator out, and filled the anti-freeze, adjusted all the air-con ports to twenty-three degrees, I nuked the duco with some special crack-resistant wax, you owe me seven thousand bucks, including federal tax!” Considering I’d booked it in to fit a speakerphone, I figured this excessive, but I didn’t like to moan, I wrote a check and drove home feeling like a stupid jerk, the car was running smoothly but the cellphone didn’t work!
Latest topics
» Madax64 Tunes
Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 2:27 pm by Admin

» VWAG Twingo
Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:15 pm by Admin

» VWAG B Class Magane
Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:11 pm by Admin

» VWAG C Class 67 Beetle
Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:03 pm by Admin

» VWAG E Class 67 Beetle
Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:01 pm by Admin

» VWAG F Class 67 Beetle
Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:00 pm by Admin

» VWAG D Class Mk2 Golf
Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:57 pm by Admin

» VWAG D Class 67 Beetle
Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:55 pm by Admin

» VWAG C Class Mk2 Golf
Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:53 pm by Admin

» WILLIAMS Renault Twingo/ Megane pack
Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:16 pm by Admin

» C Class Leon cupra R
Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 10:37 pm by Admin

» VWAG D Class Leaf
Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:07 pm by Admin

» VWAG Facebook rivals challange Road Atlanta club Top 100 Car
Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 8:36 pm by chevy88

» VWAG Xmas D Class 03 Mini
Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 2:40 am by Admin

» Forza "Drift" Horizon
Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:22 pm by gaz0x

Forza "Drift" Horizon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FDH - Flip
VIP Elite Club
VIP Elite Club

Forza "Drift" Horizon Empty
PostSubject: Forza "Drift" Horizon   Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:28 am

“… we were lucky enough to use the Turn Ten Forza Motorsport codebase for Horizon so we started with that. Doing that meant the physics system, the way the cars handle and the way they react to the road is exactly the same. It’s so “best in class” that it would have been dumb for us to mess with that.”

These were the words uttered by Horizon’s Design Director Ralph Fulton in an interview last month,

Bollocks.... Evil or Very Mad he lies!!!! There is so much tail end action in this game that Hugh Hefner himself had to put it down after an hour!

Do NOT expect the above statement to be fact. It is a lovely game, for gamers between the ages of 6 and 20..... and anyone else who thinks that Formula Drift is the pinnicle of race driver skills.... (for most of those people "pinnicle" means top.)

The paint editor is the same but takes longer to load.
There is no fine tuning, but you can build a car to a particular PI.
4wd, FWD and RWD cars are all tail happy.

When I finally get access to the servers I will let you know about all the online features, but for the last 2 days there hasn't been any. Many Aussies are having the same issues... pity I'm not in USA as they all seem fine......

I will rant review more soon.
Back to top Go down
Admin
VWAG Admin
VWAG Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forza "Drift" Horizon   Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:28 pm

Demo put me off, felt arcadey. Yer it looks nice and better than td2. Saying that tho i got bored of td2 quick.

So its def not the game for me

Plus people on my FL got itmonday and now see most of them have 1000 achiv allready.
UK get it tomorrow.
Think turn 10 made it to cover, need for speed and Td2 followers.

Back to top Go down
https://vw-audi-dealership.forumotion.com
gaz0x
VWAG Shogun Assassin
VWAG Shogun Assassin
gaz0x

PostSubject: Re: Forza "Drift" Horizon   Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 8:50 pm

Yeah all that is TRUE, the handling is so different, but it still feels like Forza. You still have to brake before corners, etc, unlike other arcade racers that you don't have to touch the brake at all. I think the handling compromise is welcome in this style of game, where weaving in and out of traffic is so important.
I was bored with the free roam already until I found the 8 player free roam co-op, this was great fun!
Back to top Go down
Admin
VWAG Admin
VWAG Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forza "Drift" Horizon   Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:52 pm

i was tempted by F1 2012 not my sort of game but does have puntures and failures.
Ide love to have a rallycross or demolishion sim or a open map paris dakar style sim.
Back to top Go down
Admin
VWAG Admin
VWAG Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forza "Drift" Horizon   Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:09 pm

where ever i read, people are wishing they hadnt bought it.
Back to top Go down
gaz0x
VWAG Shogun Assassin
VWAG Shogun Assassin
gaz0x

PostSubject: Re: Forza "Drift" Horizon   Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 8:19 pm

Not me, I'm enjoying it. Its like TDU but with cars with decent arcade handling. The AI is heaps more challenging than in F4. The dirt roads are awesome, can't wait for the rally expansion next month.
Back to top Go down
Admin
VWAG Admin
VWAG Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forza "Drift" Horizon   Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:05 pm

you must of finishedall Achivments by now? Seen friends finished all Achiv in a cpl of days.
Im guilty of playing it, for about 30min at mates. Just to make sure, i gave the full game a chance. Its def better than TD2 backgrounds are smooth. Putting stickers and paint dont cost like in TD2.
Still not for me tho. Even tho mate did offer me it for alot less, than he paid a week ago.
Back to top Go down
gaz0x
VWAG Shogun Assassin
VWAG Shogun Assassin
gaz0x

PostSubject: Re: Forza "Drift" Horizon   Forza "Drift" Horizon EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:22 pm

No, I think I have 440 cheevo points, its gonna take a lot longer than 2 days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forza "Drift" Horizon   Forza "Drift" Horizon Empty

Back to top Go down

Forza "Drift" Horizon
Page 1 of 1