VW AUDI Group Dealership
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home1Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
I went to pick my car up from the workshop yesterday, the man was on the telephone, I overheard him say: “I’ll take that two-week cruise as I’m about to get some dough,” and then he saw me standing there and said: “I have to go!” He handed me my keys and said: “Your car’s as good as new, it’s lucky that you came in now, before that motor blew, the pistons were all blistered and the valve stems shot to hell, the manifold was old with holes, and ugly plugs as well! “The oil had boiled because it was a lump up in the pump, loose rings had worn the kingpins down and dumped them in the sump, the crankshaft and the petrol tank too rusted to repair, and damn it if the camshaft wasn’t jammed by bearing wear! “Your carby’s far beyond recall, the jets too wet and thin, the diff was iffy, so I fitted pin replacements in, the CV joints were pointy and your front end bent and old, it’s lucky that I stock your make of intake manifold! “I couldn’t take the risk, your disc pads had to be replaced, transmission bolts were faulty and the fluid thick as paste, then third gear nearly broke, then first, and then I lost reverse, I put a whole new gearbox in, as second gear was worse! “Your steering wheel appeared to be in need of special care, the seat belts felt all shot, I got a neat new front-seat pair, the clutch was much the same and all the headlights seemed quite crook, I think the blinkers might be too, but didn’t dare to look! “The pinion rack lacked tension and its screws were all bad news, my alternator tester says that yours had blown a fuse, the bonnet lock was shocking and the doors were poorly done, I changed the hinges, handles too, they’re just like new, old son. “I sprayed the radiator out, and filled the anti-freeze, adjusted all the air-con ports to twenty-three degrees, I nuked the duco with some special crack-resistant wax, you owe me seven thousand bucks, including federal tax!” Considering I’d booked it in to fit a speakerphone, I figured this excessive, but I didn’t like to moan, I wrote a check and drove home feeling like a stupid jerk, the car was running smoothly but the cellphone didn’t work!
Latest topics
» Madax64 Tunes
A Class Bora EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 2:27 pm by Admin

» VWAG Twingo
A Class Bora EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:15 pm by Admin

» VWAG B Class Magane
A Class Bora EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:11 pm by Admin

» VWAG C Class 67 Beetle
A Class Bora EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:03 pm by Admin

» VWAG E Class 67 Beetle
A Class Bora EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:01 pm by Admin

» VWAG F Class 67 Beetle
A Class Bora EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 7:00 pm by Admin

» VWAG D Class Mk2 Golf
A Class Bora EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:57 pm by Admin

» VWAG D Class 67 Beetle
A Class Bora EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:55 pm by Admin

» VWAG C Class Mk2 Golf
A Class Bora EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:53 pm by Admin

» WILLIAMS Renault Twingo/ Megane pack
A Class Bora EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 9:16 pm by Admin

» C Class Leon cupra R
A Class Bora EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 10:37 pm by Admin

» VWAG D Class Leaf
A Class Bora EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 7:07 pm by Admin

» VWAG Facebook rivals challange Road Atlanta club Top 100 Car
A Class Bora EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 8:36 pm by chevy88

» VWAG Xmas D Class 03 Mini
A Class Bora EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 2:40 am by Admin

» Forza "Drift" Horizon
A Class Bora EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 9:22 pm by gaz0x

A Class Bora

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
VWAG Admin
VWAG Admin
Admin

A Class Bora Empty
PostSubject: A Class Bora   A Class Bora EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 10:20 am

A Class Bora Aclassborasales
paint by VW Audi Sisters
Tune by Gaz 0x
250.000 Buyout

The Car: VW Audi Group A850 Bora

Sales Thread: http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/2650467.aspx

First Impressions: The Bora has a nice looking paintjob, the simple but effective 4 colour paint makes for a race car look. Grips ok with good acceleration out of the turns.

On The Tracks: Maple Valley Reverse saw 3 laps getting used to the cars handling as it is a bit different to a lot of the AWD cars I've tested. After the three laps and a bit of adjustment to the car a 1:29.885 was hit on the last lap.

Rd atlanta Saw some okay laps again right till the last one a last lap mad dash and it stuck so well in every turn that it surprised me with 1:22.669 and 151 mph on the straight.

Nissan Speedway isn't a test of grip but tells us what we need to know about the top speed which was 157 MPH giving a 55.487 lap.

Suzuka West saw me in an online race instead of the career race, a 1:18.081 best lap was good enough for second after a first lap crash. The splits showed for a mid to high 1:17 for me so it would run with the pack in Career mode.

Mugello short was again an online race but this time saw a time in keeping with what I'd expect to see in career from a grip tuned car. And a very nice time it is too for me on this track at 56.668.

The Verdict: A clean simple racing livery with some sponsor decals but not too many thankfully. Also none of the sponsors decals have been made too big and obtrusive which scores points from me. The tune feels less grippy than it actually is. At first I was struggling because of the feel rather than the actual grip not giving me the confidence in the turns. After Road Atlantas mad dash and it held in every turn despite my antics I found a new respect for the car and went on to better times than I had first thought it was capable of in my hands. This Bora is well worth taking the time to get used to as it will turn in some excellent performances with good acceleration and grip in an unusual choice of car. Well worth a try.

GT: Dougyt40
Read the latest reviews at dougyt40.forzacarreviews.com

Last edited by Admin on Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:15 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://vw-audi-dealership.forumotion.com
gaz0x
VWAG Shogun Assassin
VWAG Shogun Assassin
gaz0x

A Class Bora Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Class Bora   A Class Bora EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 11:49 am

Hey guys, the Bora was tuned on Road Atlanta Short, with a laptime of 54.785, it is equally quick on numerous other shorter tracks, Silverstone National 57.391. It is also just at home on the medium tracks, Silverstone International 1:24.469.
Back to top Go down

A Class Bora
Page 1 of 1